Suggestions & Complaints

Want to make a suggestion to the practice?

Your comments and suggestions are important to us, please click on the 'Suggestions Form' link, complete the form to send them to us.



Want to make a complaint?

Procedure for Concerns & Complaints

Why Complain?

Although we try hard to give a good service, inevitably things sometimes go wrong. We hope you will let us know so that your problem can be sorted out. Often this can be done easily and quickly at the time it happens or within a few days of it occurring and with the person concerned. However, sometimes you may wish to make a more formal complaint. When you make a complaint, we aim to:

  • Find out what happened and what went wrong
  • Make sure you receive an apology, where this is appropriate
  • Wherever possible, put the problem right
  • Identify what we can do to make sure the problem doesn’t happen again
  • Give you the opportunity to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you would like this

Our complaints procedure is part of the NHS system and meets national requirements.

How to raise a concern or complaint

If you have a concern then please do let us know. The person you raise the concern with will try to help you , and if they can't they will pass you on to somebody who can. You can raise a concern in person at the time, or with another member of staff, by telephone, our online form or by letter. 

When writing, it will be a great help if you are as specific as possible about the reason(s) for your complaint.

What will Happen Next?

We  aim to resolve Concerns informally within 10 working days. 

If you submit a more formal complaint we will acknowledge your complaint (within 3 working days) and then investigate what has happened. We will then aim to respond to you in writing within 12 weeks of the date that we received your complaint. 

Sometimes we may ask you to meet with us, or contact you to find out more information about the circumstances. If you would like to meet to discuss your concerns, please let us know.

Complaining on Behalf of Someone Else

We keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else we will need to know that you have their permission. You can ask them to complete the section on the complaint form or we will need a note signed by them, unless they are incapable (because of illness) of providing this.

Time Limits

We would like you to let us know about your complaint as soon as possible – ideally within a matter of days – because this will enable us to establish what happened more easily. It may not be possible to investigate your complaint if you do not contact us within 12 months of the incident that caused the problem; or within 12 months of discovering that you have a problem.

Help to Complain

If you would like help or advice in making a complaint you may like to contact an independent advocacy service based on Wirral. They offer free, confidential support to anyone wishing to make a complaint about the NHS. You can contact:

Web: HealthWatchWirral

Tel: 0151 230 8957



If You Are Not Satisfied

If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint please do let us know. If you feel that you cannot approach us or if you are not satisfied with the final outcome of our investigation then you can approach the Health Service Ombudsman and ask them to look into your complaint. The Health Service Ombudsman is responsible for ensuring that NHS complaints are dealt with properly. The Ombudsman will usually investigate a complaint only after it has already been addressed locally.

You can write to:

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower

Telephone: 0345 015 4033 (08:30-17:30)

For more information, please see the Ombudsman’s web