New Building Information
New Building Information
We are excited to announce that construction of the new, Marine Lake Health and Wellbeing Centre will commence in Spring 2021.
As an existing patient of ours you will be aware that our medical practice will be re-located to the new facility on Orrysdale Road in 2022 following completion of build.
Working with our partners, Wirral Community Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust and Age UK Wirral, we are transforming Primary Care Services for local people with safe and fit for purpose premises, extended hours, and increased capacity.
This state-of-the-art facility will bring many benefits for our patients and the wider community including, but not limited to:
- 22 GP consultation rooms (nine more than we have currently) and a minor surgery unit.
- Access to a range of specialist health and social care services.
- A wide range of Community Cardiology Services will now be offered on site. This is something we know will be welcomed by so many of our patients, who currently have to travel to St Catherine’s Health Centre for most of their cardiology needs.
- An expanded 0-19 Health and Wellbeing Service for local families, which will include Healthy Child Clinics offering parents and carers support around sleep, feeding, weaning, dental health advice and wellbeing.
- We will also see the opening of a new community cafe, led by Age UK Wirral. The cafe will provide a hub for a wide range of community activities and services.
Finally, we know that many people in West Kirby and the surrounding area, care deeply about the environment. We will be developing the Centre in ways that will enhance your local green space. There are plans for a community owned wellbeing garden, as well as the planting of semi-mature trees and a wildflower meadow to support bees and other pollinating insects. So, it will not just be our patients who are better off!
We would love you to be one of the first to see what the new centre will look like. Here is the link to more information along with a 3D ‘fly through’ which really brings the new building to life - www.wchc.nhs.uk/marine
As always, your views are invaluable. The Trust is offering everyone who completes this short survey on the proposal the chance to win a £75 hamper. To complete the survey, please visit www.wchc.nhs.uk/services/marine-lake-health-and-wellbeing-centre/gp-services/
In the meantime, we wish you all the best for a safe and festive season.
Ken Fryer Mark Greatrex
Practice Business Manager, Interim Chief Executive,
Marine Lake Medical Practice Wirral Community Health
& Estuary Medical Practice and Care NHS Foundation Trust